Treat yourself and your family to some homemade Zucchini Pizza Bites
Are you a zucchini fan? It seems like everyone is this time of year. It’s zucchini season, so enjoy it while it lasts. I am pretty sure you will love these zucchini pizza bites. You just need a few simple ingredients and 6 minutes in the oven. If you are watching your portion control, then this is a great recipe for you. And if you are craving pizza, this will for sure satisfy your cravings in a healthy way.
Besides the fact that Zucchini Pizza Bites are low calorie, some more reasons this recipe should be the next you make:
- Zucchini supports the nervous system
- Zucchini contains many phytonutrients that all support eye health (vitamin C, beta carotene, manganese, lutein, and zeaxanthin)
- Tomatoes pack in lots of vitamin A which supports hair and makes it strong and shiny
- Dill aids in digestion and improves appetite
Clean Eating Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1 zucchini
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 stem fresh dill optional
- Turn on the oven to broil- high.
- Slice zucchini, about 1/4 inch slices. Spread zucchini on a baking sheet.
- Spread marinara sauce on each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce, leave half of the top for the tomato.
- Slice 4 small tomatoes and place 1 slice on each zucchini.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the tomato.
- Broil for 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Take zucchini pizza bites out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh chopped dill and enjoy!