One of my nephews came over while I was preparing this Warm Mushroom and Tomato salad, he said it smells like pizza. 🙂
If you are a fan of mushrooms then this is the salad for you. All the ingredients work well together in this warm mushroom tomato salad, and for sure it’s less in calories than a pizza. I love that it’s all in one pan. What’s so great about this salad is that it helps you manage your weight!
Benefits of a warm mushroom and tomato salad
Mushrooms are good for weight management and boosts your immune system.
Tomato help with heart problems as well as depression.
And don’t forget the parsley! Parsley is good for oral health, to balance body fluids and promote a healthy heart. Don’t miss out on this beneficial salad!
What do you need to make this dish?
Nothing complicated that you haven’t heard of goes into this warm mushroom and tomato dish. A little bit of olive oil, two kind of onions, some mushrooms, and tomato. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
Warm Mushroom Tomato Salad
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stems of green onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 16 oz white mushrooms
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black ground pepper
- A small handful of fresh parsley
- In a skillet on medium-low heat add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop 1/2 red onion and 2 stems green onion and sauté in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mince1 garlic clove and add to the onions, sautéing for another minute.
- Slice 16oz white mushrooms then add to the skillet. Lower the heat to low and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 10oz cherry tomatoes to the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let everything come together by stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top.