Fruit salads are great, but a warm fruit salad with Chocolate, Coconuts, and Almonds just step it up. The perfect dessert.
Benefits you will get from a warm fruit salad
I am getting ready for some of our summer vacations starting next week by eating more fruits and vegetables. Today is fruit day, which means eat as many fruits as you can. As I was looking for a fruit syrup I came across a warm summer fruit salad here. I changed a few things, like a different fruit variety and I used lemon instead of lime (it tasted better with lemon for me), also I used sliced almonds and roasted them with fruit to save time. Even though it might be hot out, this is a great fruit salad to enjoy on ice cream, yogurt or just as a snack. Besides being so delicious, this fruit salad packs in antioxidants (in the cherries), vitamin-A (apricot health benefit), and promotes skin health (benefit of lemon skin health). Here is the recipe I used to make a warm summer fruit salad with chocolate coconut and almonds.
Warm Fruit Salad with Chocolate Coconut Almonds
- 10 cherries pitted
- 4 apricots
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 pound strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 oz dark chocolate 70% cacao or darker
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cut fruit into bite size pieces.
- Lay out the fruit on a baking sheet and gently toss with juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, and shave 1 oz dark chocolate.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then mix together and a bowl and enjoy warm!