This Veggie Rice Bowl is not only an amazing dish, but topped with Guacamole makes it a perfect meal!
Veggie bowls have recently become one of my favorite and tasty ways to incorporate many different kind of vegetables into my diet—so much color on one plate, and so much nutritional goodness! In this veggie rice bowl with guacamole, you benefit from the protein and fiber in the black beans and corn, along with vitamin C from bell peppers, red onion, and corn. You also get healthy fats from the guacamole, plus potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and copper from tomato. White rice is naturally gluten free, making it generally a safe choice for those with Celiac disease or gluten-intolerance; however, it doesn’t add much in the way of nutrition, so eat it in moderation. Enjoy!
Veggie Rice Bowl with Guacamole Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small bell peppers sliced
- 1 avocado peeled and pit taken out
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans canned
- 1/2 cup corn canned
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cheddar cheese grated, optional ingredient
- Cook rice: Add 3/4 cup water to a small pot and add in 1/2 cup raw rice. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to lowest, and cover with a lid. Cook until water is gone, then fluff with a fork.
- Sauté bell peppers: In a small skillet, heat up 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add in sliced bell peppers and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Guacamole: In a small bowl combine avocado, teaspoon fajita seasoning, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, a pinch of salt, the tomato, and the red onion. Mix until well combined.
- Place the rice on a serving plate. Add the bell peppers, guacamole, black beans, corn, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top (optional).