Another name for this Hot Vegetable Soup could just be ‘Healthy Soup’! Each ingredient works to create this yummy bowl of health benefits.
Health benefits of vegetables
Sometimes, I notice I didn’t eat as many vegetables the past few days so I try to focus on making a vegetable-based meal that would give me at least 3 servings for the daily count. Vegetables have the ability to cure or improve many chronic diseases. They include a large amount of nutrients like potassium, fiber, vitamin A, E and C and helps maintain healthy blood pressure. Onions specifically are full of phytochemicals and vitamin C that help improve immunity. Raw onions are good for your heart because they lower the production of bad cholesterol. Carrots will benefit your eyes because of the large vitamin A content and improve your immune system. ‘I love this soup from my head tomatoes and I hope you do too!’
One Pot Vegetable Soup
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 white onion chopped
- 5 carrots chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 chunk celery chopped
- 10 oz green beans frozen
- 24 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 head green cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 stem fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 qt vegetable broth
- 2 cup of water
- sea salt to taste
- Add minced garlic and diced onion into a large soup pot along with olive oil. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are transparent and soft.
- While the onions and garlic are cooking, chop 5 carrots, slice a chunk of celery, and dice 1 green bell pepper. Add the carrots, celery, bell pepper, as well as the 10oz of frozen green beans to the pot.
- Add diced tomatoes (and juice) and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Allow the vegetables in the pot to heat while you chop or shred 1/2 head of green cabbage. Add cabbage to the pot.
- Add 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 2 stems oregano, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add 1 qt vegetable broth, and 2 cups water. Give a good stir.
- Place a lid on the pot and bring it up to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium-low and allow the pot to simmer until the cabbage and carrots are tender (approximately 20 minutes). Turn off the heat and add salt to taste.