Pack on the vitamins in a bowl of great summer soup. Tomato Soup that is, it’s light, healthy and easy to make.
It sure has been a busy summer! Things have been fairly busy, and since summer is short, I have decided to spend more time with my kids rather than working on my site. I even got all their school supplies and clothes all ready and neatly organized. Our summer this year was not as hot as some other years, but we got at least a few hot days and we sure used them with pool time and boat rides. Two of my kids learned to swim, so for me, that was a proud mama moment. During the colder, even rainy summer days I cooked up a soup. This tomato soup was one of them, and it was easy to prepare. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, C, K, folate and potassium. It is quite filling and satisfying soup. If you love tomatoes, you will love this tomato soup!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons unbleached flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 28- oz can organic whole peeled tomatoes or 2 12-oz cans
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- croutons optional
- fresh dill or parsley for garnish
- In a medium size soup pot, heat up 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic, then sear until slightly golden-brown.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of flour and stir to coat the onion and garlic.
- Add in 3 cups of chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cool down.
- Blend the mix together.
- Put the mix back on the stove and heat it up.
- Garnish with cheese, croutons, and parsley.