Anyone who loves teriyaki flavors will love this warm and satisfying Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Salad.
When you make a sauce from scratch you know what you are putting into your body.
I love to make sauces from scratch. Sauces from scratch usually don’t require as many ingredients as the store bought. Also, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. This teriyaki chicken salad is so simple but so satisfying; especially if you have a sweet tooth.
Try to get more red or yellow onions into your meals. Onion is good for anti-aging. They also help with bone health. Olive oil is good for damaged hair. Consuming more or it reduces blood pressure and help with weight loss or can help you maintain your weight because of its high nutritional value. If you’ve heard the saying ‘eat your greens’ its because of its good for overall health. Greens boost bone strength and also improve eyesight.
Ingredients for teriyaki glazed chicken
This part of the chicken is low-calorie, and very versatile, the boneless- skinless chicken breast. I only buy organic chicken when possible, organic chicken is usually not very expensive. The glaze is all made from scratch. When people hear the word homemade or from scratch they tend to go the easy way and buy ready-made, but the ingredients here are simple and there really is not much prep work as it may sound, all you need is:
- corn starch
- soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic clove
- ground ginger
- black pepper
- sesame seeds
The rest is just salad, you can add any kind of greens you have in your fridge.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- 1 chicken breast boneless & skinless
- 1/2 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 Tablespoon cold water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cook the sauce: In a small pot bring to a boil 1/2 tablespoon corn starch, 1/2 tablespoon water, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup cane sugar, 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Slice boneless/skinless chicken breast and place in an oven safe dish.
- Generously rush chicken with teriyaki sauce both sides (you will have some left).
- Bake teriyaki chicken for 15 minutes, every 5 minutes brush with teriyaki sauce both sides.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- To your serving plate add 1/4 cup of greens, 1/2 of an avocado, 1 tomato, and a slice of onion. The teriyaki chicken brings out so many flavors; I don't use the oil or salt and pepper most of the time. But, if you need a simple dressing for the vegetables, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt/pepper.