I’ve published more than a few quinoa salads over the years, but this one stands out. A Crunchy Clean eating Sun-dried Tomato with Almonds and Quinoa is made with red quinoa.
I used red quinoa in this sun-dried tomato and quinoa almond salad, but you can use any color quinoa. You may or may not know that quinoa comes in three main varieties: red, black and white. You may be more familiar with the regular (white) quinoa, but no matter what color you choose, you will be getting a load of nutritional benefits. Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, the two vitamins I look for in my daily diet. Yogurt is high in protein and benefits your heart health, and sun-dried tomatoes have loads of vitamins C and K.
Sun-Dried Tomato with Quinoa and Almonds Salad
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil drain and chop
- 1 small bunch of parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to boil, in a small pot. Turn temperature to the lowest and cook until the water is gone. Fluff with a fork.
- In a small skillet, heat up 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and cook over medium-low heat until onion is clear (about 2 minutes).
- Combine cooked quinoa, onion, and the rest of the ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.