Dig into a crisp, cool salad for a perfect summer side dish.
This salad is the best in the summer when tomatoes and cucumber are most in season! Tomatoes reduce heart disease and cancer while cucumbers are one of the best foods to keep you hydrated and flush out toxins from your body!
Summer Salad with Chickpeas
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes cubed
- 4 Parisian cucumbers cubed
- 2 stems parsley chopped
- 2 stems green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpeas cooked, drained
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, green onion, and chickpeas in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste and mix to combine, then serve fresh!