A fruity, citrus-ey cold salad combined with superfood greens, avocado, and a crunch from the pecans!
A great way to get a lot of nutrition is in a bowl of salad. This strawberry, pecan, avocado, and spinach salad is perfect for those hot summer days. Fresh strawberries are juicy and delicious would perfectly here. The pecans give a great crunch and add a boost of fiber that helps with digestive health. Strawberries improve brain function and the immune system and promote weight loss. As for the greens in this salad, the spinach is low in fat, cholesterol,
Benefits of strawberries
Omega-3 This versatile red sweet fruit can be eaten as a snack, in a smoothie, dessert, in a salad or in a dressing. These juicy red berries benefit your mental and emotional functioning. The seeds of strawberries contain the omega-3 fatty acid and alpha-linolenic acid, which has been proven to improve mood.
Hydrated– Just like watermelon, strawberries contain about 90% of water. Which is great to keep your body hydrated and bowel movements regular.
Fiber- Fiber is essential for minimizing constipation. Surprisingly, strawberries contain a great amount of fiber, given
Consider buying organic strawberries to limit exposure to pesticides, since strawberries are one of the most sprayed fruit.
Strawberry Pecan on Spinach
- 4 strawberries
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon raw pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Wash spinach leaves and place on the bottom of your serving plate.
- Slice strawberries into fourths, add to spinach.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and pecans.
- Slice avocado, spread around on top.
- Combine sugar, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and juice from 1/2 a lemon in a small bowl. Whisk together well. When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing on top.