If you like a tangy, juicy, crunchy and flavorful salad, then you will love Shrimp Salad with Spinach, Avocado, and Grapefruit.
It has been extremely busy these weeks. Holidays, family and the last couple weeks of school has all piled on top. I feel like I have everything under control, but it seems like there is always something adding on to my schedule. This salad, however, has been on my to do list for a few weeks now, and I finally got around to posting it. If you love shrimp, then this is a perfect salad to take with you to work for lunch. Shrimp is filled with a good source of protein, vitamin b12 (help with memory loss), selenium (keeping a healthy immune system). Grapefruit is another ingredient that contains an abundance of health. The vitamin C in grapefruit fights skin cancer and because of the vitamin A, the skin is healthy and hydrated. Cilantro contains vitamin A also and has 16% of the recommended value of vitamin K which is needed for bone health.
Shrimp Salad with Spinach, Avocado, and Grapefruit
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Add dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Heat up medium skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 pound peeled shrimp.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon slat and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Saute shrimp for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add spinach, avocado, grapefruit, and shrimp to a salad plate and drizzle cilantro dressing on top.