Seared sugar snap peas is a great side dish or snack without any guilt.
Just add three simple, well-known ingredients to sugar snap peas and you’ve got yourself a healthy snack!
Health benefits of sugar snap peas
They are healthy because of the high content of vitamin C in them. Vitamin C is essential for immune system health and because peas contain vitamin K, they also strengthen bones. Olive oil, one of the main ingredients in this salad, is essential to a healthy diet because it is full of monounsaturated fats. Unlike trans fat, where cholesterol in the blood increases and can cause heart disease, monounsaturated fat reduces inflammation and has a good effect on cancer genes. As for the garlic, it serves as a triple protection food. Garlic is anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial. It also contains minerals such as copper, iron, selenium, and manganese.
Seared Sugar Snap Peas
- 8 oz stringless sugar snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 minced clove garlic
- Heat 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Sear 8oz stringless sugar snap peas. (If you don’t have stringless, cut the ends off).
- Sear for 2 minutes, then add 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt and 1 minced clove of garlic.