Not a salad but this Avocado Stuffed Chicken is healthy and easy meal packed with fiber and protein.
An avocado is a superfood! It’s rich in 20 vitamins and minerals, all so very important for a healthy you. It’s rich in vitamin C to support bones and teeth. It is also high in vitamin E, which supports a healthy immune system.
Avocados have been a favorite fruit around healthy eaters. Although I don’t have an avocado tree, my kitchen is usually always filled with avocados. Did you know that one medium avocado is 10 grams of fiber? Fiber makes you feel full, so this is great news. I have also noticed that my skin gets cleaner and feels nourished when I eat more avocados; since avocados contain vitamins C and E.
So what’s for dinner today? Chicken stuffed avocado. This superfood tastes great on its own but
Avocado Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 1 boneless- skinless chicken breast
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice chicken in half horizontally. Place plastic wrap on top and beat it a few times to get the chicken flat. Throw plastic wrap away.
- Sprinkle chicken with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice on each slice of chicken, on top of the avocado.
- Slice avocado and place in the middle of two slices of chicken.
- Roll the chicken pieces, keeping the avocado in the middle.
- Heat a small skillet with 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the fold side of the chicken down first. Turn chicken every two minutes.
- Cover skillet, and on the lowest heat let it simmer for 3-4 minutes. (Chicken breast, especially thin sliced, cook quick).