An amazing source of protein is this amazing Roasted Chickpeas with Greens Salad!
A bowl of roasted chickpeas and greens
Are you feeling like you are running out of energy? Tired and weak? If so, you may not be getting enough iron. I am loving this chickpea salad with so many flavors and health benefits. This salad was inspired by a trip to Canada I took this past weekend. Chickpeas have many health benefits, and one big vitamin you can get out of chickpeas is the high source of iron.Iron is important for making enough healthy oxygen-carrying red blood cells. Without the healthy blood cells, the body can’t get enough oxygen. Other than the benefits of iron, the cucumbers will help fight cellulite. This salad is filled with green veggies that will benefit your overall health and keep you feeling great!
Roasted Chickpeas with Greens Salad
- 1 can 14oz organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 romaine lettuce heart chopped
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together chickpeas, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cumin, a pinch of salt, and 1 tsp olive oil. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Combine romaine, bell pepper, avocado, dill, cucumber, and roasted chickpeas together.
- Toss salad with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Enjoy.