Quick One-Pot Chili is full of vegetables, protein and a flavorful tomato broth with a hint of garlic and taco seasoning! all cooked in the one pan!
This one-pot chili recipe is both satisfying and full of healthy goodness. My mom shared this quick chili recipe with me a few years back. The best part is that it is made all in one pot! Don’t you love these kinds of recipes, because really, who wants to stand and wash so many dishes? (Not me.) I always cook with organic ingredients, but I realize that not everyone does. However, do add a few pennies in for organic and a BPA – free lining within your can of tomatoes.
When should you buy organic?
Sometimes you just don’t want to spend that extra dollar on an ingredient, and that’s okay! You shouldn’t need to…or should you? When it comes to boxed items, you should read the ingredient label on the side or back. If you can recognize each ingredient or at least pronounce it without any trouble, it should be okay to eat. Also, keep in mind that the fewer ingredients there are, the healthier it will be. But, even for some boxed or canned items, you should consider buying organic.
- Peanut butter
- Salad dressing
- Baby food
Cookies contain beet sugar, and most beet sugar used in cookies is genetically modified. Even though organic cookies don’t contain fewer calories, you are still avoiding corn that is used in high-fructose corn syrup and sugar from sugar beets.
Non-organic peanut butter contains many pesticides and even fungus.
Non-organic salad dressing today comes from genetically-engineered soy or canola. These crops are grown using massive amounts of pesticides and are not tested.
As for baby food, you want to feed your baby the best food possible. The fruits and vegetables used in organic baby food are not sprayed with chemical pesticides and no antibiotics given to animals. Organic foods don’t contain any artificial flavors or preservatives, either.
When picking out meat, go for the organic option because it is safer. Organic meat is antibiotic-free, and no hormones are added. Organic meat does not contain GMOs or any other drugs.
As for produce, you should consider buying at least these following items organic:
- Bell peppers
Quick One Pot Chili Recipe
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 10 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can 14oz of organic red kidney beans
- 946ml vegetable broth
- 1 package of taco seasoning (1/3 cup)
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- To the pot add in 1 pound of lean ground beef and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and 1 can of diced tomatoes (with juice).
- Add frozen vegetables, then the red kidney beans. Stir the mix all together.
- Add in 1 package of taco seasoning (1/3 cup)
- Pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then boil for 3 minutes.