Just 2 steps to this quick health beneficial Cucumber Crab Salad
Seafood? Yes, please! Protein? Of course! Usually, when I am creating a salad, I use the ingredients that I crave, or that are looking great at the supermarket.
What I like about Cucumber Crab Salad
The nutritional benefits. Crab is packed with protein, in fact, most of the calories are all protein. This low-calorie meat also contains zinc, iron, vitamins A, C and the B vitamins including B12. Many fish are at the higher end of the food chain of containing great amounts of mercury, but great news, crab is a low risk of mercury! But pairing the crab with some cucumber adds fiber, antioxidants, and potassium to this salad. And as for the celery, eat more celery because not only is it so good, it protects your liver and boosts digestion.
So start incorporating some crab into your diet! It’s filling and great for your health. This quick cucumber crab salad is a great way to start eating crab.
Quick Cucumber Crab Salad Recipe
- 1 lb crab meat from real king crab, cooked
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 stem green onion
- a small handful of fresh parsley
- a small handful of fresh dill
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- a pinch of salt or to taste
- a pinch of ground black pepper or to taste
- Chop 1 lb cooked crab meat, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 stem green onion, a handful of parsley, a handful of dill, and 1 celery stalk.
- Mix chopped ingredients with 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar, 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise, and a pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste).