Quick Coleslaw is a cold salad that is creamy and nutritious!
What’s better for lunch than a quick salad that comes with health benefits? The answer is this quick coleslaw.
Health benefits of coleslaw
There are many reasons to look to love cabbage, this quick coleslaw is high in vitamin C because of the cabbage. Cabbage also supports the immune system and protects the body against free radicals. Carrots cleanse the body by reducing the bile and fat in the liver. One of the very common facts about carrots is that they improve vision, and that’s true! Carrots are rich in beta-carotene that is converted into vitamin A, then in the retina, it is transformed into rhodopsin which is essential for night vision.
- 1/2 small green cabbage
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 stems fresh green onion
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Shred1/2 small green cabbage, 2 medium carrots, 1/2 small red cabbage, and add to a bowl.
- Chop 3 stems of green onion and 1 stem of fresh dill; add to the bowl.
- When ready to serve, combine with 4 Tablespoons of mayonnaise (more or less to your taste), and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.