Low- Calorie Purple Cabbage with Mandarins and Walnuts is crunchy, sweet and juicy.
Benefits of the ingredients that go into Purple Cabbage with Mandarines and Walnuts
If you are still craving sweets after the holidays this is the perfect salad for you. And It won’t make you put on an extra pound. Just 1 cup of chopped raw purple cabbage contains only 28 calories. This beautiful purple cabbage is great for keeping your bones strong and healthy. It also helps your body develop resistance against infections. Cabbage, in general, is great to add to your diet due to its good source of many essential vitamins like calcium, potassium, manganese, and iron which can help control blood pressure and control the heart rate. Also, benefits are packed into mandarins like vitamin C and potassium that help with lowering blood pressure and blood flow. As for the walnuts, these nuts expand brain retention and encourages the production of serotonin to help you eat less.
Purple Cabbage with Mandarins and Walnuts
- 1/2 purple cabbage shredded
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 mandarins peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- Mix shredded cabbage, 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon honey, a pinch of salt, pepper and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add mandarin slices and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped dill and enjoy.