To assemble this fancy appetizers all you need is a few asparagus, some slices of prosciutto and cheese. Prosciutto wrapped asparagus makes a great party appetizer with little prep time. It’s crispy and soft.
Benefits fo Asparagus
It’s crispy and soft. Along with all that goodness, asparagus is packed with vitamin K and promotes weight loss. Asparagus, like other green vegetables, is high in antioxidants. Substances in asparagus have been found to have blood pressure-lowering, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and anticancer effects in a number of humans. Because of the fiber in asparagus, it can also help with digestion.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus and Cheese
- 4 oz prosciutto
- 12 asparagus stalks
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle baking sheet with 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Wrap each slice of prosciutto around 3 asparagus stalks each.
- Place wrapped asparagus stalks on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese on top of prosciutto.
- Roast asparagus for 15 minutes and broil for the last 3 minutes.