By far, the most popular of all white meats is chicken. For starters, it’s inexpensive and quick to prepare. Also, it can be served in a way variety of ways, for example, a Pineapple Chicken Chopped Salad with Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette. It is sweet and savory and packed with protein.
A fantastic combination of ingredients come together into one bowl.
It’s a delicious pineapple chicken chopped salad that will leave you asking for more, for real. Nothing left behind. This salad will leave you full, without any guilt. You will find that the pineapple and chicken go so great together, you will be asking yourself why you haven’t made it before. Another bonus to this salad is that its full of so many health benefits. The chicken is a good source of protein and its good to eat to promote weight loss. Pineapple, one of my favorite citrus fruits, promotes weight loss and also improves circulation.
Health benefits of chicken
After watching documentaries and researching about consuming meat in general, I have been cooking less with chicken. I was once my to go ingredient in soups and salads. You should try to buy pasteurized or organic chicken when possible, and there are some benefits to eating chicken, here are a few reasons:
- Weight-loss- especially chicken breast is low calorie but high in protein.
- Protect your eyes- because chicken is packed with retinol, lycopene, alpha, and beta-carotene.
- Boost immune system– chicken is a source of iron, iron, magnesium, and potassium which all help keep you healthy.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals- Vitamin B can help prevent skin disorders, eliminate weakness, regulating digestion, and improving the nervous system. The D vitamin in chicken helps with bone strengthening. Vitamin A helps build eyesight, eliminate anemia. Potassium and sodium are is helpful in tackling weakness, bone health, brain function, dental care, and metabolic issues.
Bottom line, getting your protein, vitamins, and minerals in through your diet is important to help you stay healthy. You can get a one bowl meal packed with nutrition by making this pineapple chicken chopped salad.
Pineapple Chicken Chopped Salad with Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 avocado
- 1 chicken breast boneless & skinless
Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 stem fresh parsley
- pinch of salt or to taste
- pinch of black pepper or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- First sauté or grill 1 boneless - skinless chicken breast, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. When chicken is fully cooked through and cooled, chop into cubes.
- Peel and chop 1/2 pineapple then combine with chopped chicken, chopped 1/4 cup spinach, and 1 chopped avocado.
Sweet Garlic Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together 1 stem of chopped parsley, pinch of salt and pepper, 1 Tablespoon raw honey, 1 Tablespoon water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 minced garlic clove. Drizzle on salad when ready to indulge.