A healthier version of the Classic Russian Olivier Salad. This is basically a potato salad, with more vegetables. Olivier salad is great as a side dish, but also it has enough to fill you up just on its own.
This yummy vegetable salad is good for picnicking or even when company comes over. Its three main ingredients potatoes, egg, and pickles make this salad low calorie! Potatoes contain vitamin C and one serving of this salad is 50% of your day’s vitamin C value! Eggs pack in a lot of protein into this salad and pickles contain many antioxidants.
OLIVIER SALAD (POTATO SALAD)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 3 medium potatoes (boil, peel and dice)
- 5 large eggs (pill and diced)
- 4 pickles (diced)
- 3 stalks of green onion (chopped)
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 15 oz can of Sweet Peas (drain)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Boil the potatoes, carrots, and eggs until they are fully cooked.
- Let them cool down, then peel the potatoes and carrots and peel the eggs.
- Dice the ingredients and mix in the peas and dill.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing thoroughly with the mayonnaise.