Mushroom toast is creamy and flavorful. Makes a great appetizer at parties, showers, or just a healthy daily meal.
This mushroom toast is so good! I had forgotten that I had this recipe. You can make this mushroom toast with any kind of mushrooms you like! Did you know mushrooms improve nutrition and promote better diet quality? And, mushrooms are filled with vitamin d, which is great timing for this recipe, since summer is over for now. Mushroom toast makes a great appetizer, lunch, or party treat.
What Mushroom toast can be served with?
I enjoy this recipe on a nice slice of fresh bread, but also:
- Leave the bread out and make it a side dish.
- Leave the bread out and serve over rice, mashed potatoes, couscous.
- Add another slice of bread and make it a sandwich.
Delicious Mushroom Toast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bread
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and thinly sliced mushrooms. Cook for 7 minutes or until onion is soft and mushrooms lightly browned.
- Add a small pinch of salt.
- Add minced garlic, give a good mix, and remove from heat.
- Transfer mushrooms and onions into a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped dill, pinch of salt, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture on each slice of bread and arrange the bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes at 375 F until bread is nice and crispy and slightly golden on the edges.