A warm Mushroom Salad with Spinach and Flax Seeds is not only SUPER delicious, but this simple recipe makes mushrooms taste so good!
It is important to add some Vitamin D into your diet.
Next time you are at the grocery store, grab a small bag of organic mushrooms. It is not summer yet, and you may not be getting as much as you should be of vitamin D. Mushrooms make a great source of vitamin D, they are exposed to sunlight naturally and generate vitamin D, which enhances calcium absorption and bone strength. They also have the power of boosting your immune system, which is what we need this time of year. This salad is easy to whip up and truly is delicious. With vitamin, K packed spinach, flax seeds and a sweet dijon dressing you sure will be feeling healthy and satisfied. What should you look for when buying flax seeds? Find out in this post here.
Mushroom Salad with Spinach and Flax Seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- a pinch of salt
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 scallion sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Sauté until mushrooms begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add in minced garlic. Sauté another minute, then add in 1 sliced scallion. Mix together and remove from heat.
- Arrange 1 cup of spinach on a plate and spread mushrooms on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon flax seeds and 1 Tablespoon chopped dill.
- Salad Dressing: Mix together 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 1 Tablespoon maple syrup , 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, and a small pinch of salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!