Mushroom, Egg, and Avocado Salad Oh my! Drizzled with a homemade Sweet Onion Dijon Dressing. A great salad to take to work, that is filling and healthy for you. Packed with protein and Vitamins which will keep you full.
It is yet another sunny summer day, and I am busy as always. I am excited to share with you this next salad recipe so I won’t tell a story today. Mushroom egg avocado with homemade sweet dijon dressing is a keeper. If you ever read the ingredients on salad dressings at the grocery store you will find that there are way too many, ingredients that I can’t even read. Crazy! So what to do? Make it yourself! This sweet onion dijon dressing is pretty simple to make, and you will have enough of it for at least three salads.
Why should we eat more mushrooms?
Well, if you want to protect your hair, nails, and teeth, mushrooms are the foods to eat. Eating more mushrooms promotes better health and provides a great source of vitamin D which is essential for the regulation of calcium and to support lung function as well as cardiovascular health. A reason to eat more eggs is that eggs are one of the most nutritious foods! A fun fact is that eggs include at least a little bit of every vitamin and mineral that is required for the human body. And let us not forget the benefits of avocado. This green fruit/vegetable, whatever you classify as fills you up. As a result, the digestive system runs more smoothly because of the large fiber content and it can keep your weight in check.
Mushroom, Egg, and Avocado Salad with Sweet Onion Dijon Dressing
- 3 large eggs hardboiled, sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon walnuts chopped
Sweet Onion Dijon Dressing
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Chop 1 small onion. In a pan, sear chopped onions with 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil until onion is soft. (5 minutes) Let cool.
- To a blender or magic bullet, add seared onions, 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard, 1/2 Tablespoon honey, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of ground black pepper. Blend till smooth.
- In the same pan you used to sear onions, add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms and let them brown up just a little bit.
- Arrange mixed greens on a plate with 3 sliced hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, sliced avocado and 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts. Drizzle sweet onion dijon dressing on top of the salad.