A cold Green Garden Salad is perfectly paired with a homemade Ranch Dressing, easy mid-week meal.
Do you ever look at nutrition labels? I often enjoy scanning the nutrition facts labels of food items while strolling through the grocery store aisles—sometimes even if don’t need the item. I’m just curious about the vitamins and health benefits various foods contain. I thought some of my readers might be interested, too, so if you haven’t already noticed, I decided to add a nutrition facts label to the recipes I post. Each label shows the amounts of the various nutrients the given recipe contains. But to further understand the contents of the label, I had to dig deeper. Read my latest post to find out why the labels were created in the first place, and what nutritional information each section of today’s version of the label provides click here.‘
Mixed Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped (or parsley)
- 1/1 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 romaine heart lettuce chopped
- 1 medium tomato sliced quarterly
- 1/2 cucumber sliced quarterly
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- Blend dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Sauté bacon in a skillet until crispy. Pat down with a paper towel.
- Combine salad ingredient together.
- Gently drizzle dairy-free ranch dressing with salad.