I’m so happy the warmer days are here! To celebrate, here’s a Marinated Beet Salad! Eating salads daily is an easy and healthy habit to adopt because they are packed with health benefits.
Health benefits of this Beet Salad
- Beets- support the detox process in the body. It cleanses the blood and liver by purifying it of toxins.
- Grape seed oil provides a source of healthy fat. It is good for hormones, brain health, tissue fibers, heart health, and more.
- Garlic- also works as a blood purifier. It can help clear up the skin and reduce zits.The amount of health benefits that come from food is amazing! What you eat can reduce a disease or help prevent one in the future. It’s all in the produce!
Note: I use this Kuhn Rikon Julienne Mandoline) for shredding the beets in this salad. But I also use it for other vegetables, it makes a great presentation and easy to eat.
Marinated Beet Salad Recipe
- 3 large red beets
- 3 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- Shred 2 lbs of carrots. (You can use this Kuhn Rikon Julienne Mandoline)
- To shredded beets, add 3 Tablespoons cane sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon ground coriander and 5 Tablespoons white vinegar. Mix well.
- In thecenter of the beets add 10 minced garlic cloves.
- On a stove top, on medium heat 1/2 cup of grape seed oil, take off heat as soon as you start seeing a little bit of steam.
- Pour the heated oil on the garlic. It will sizzle and give a garlicky, smokey smell. Quick mix the salad. Enjoy!