Chicken breast with vegetables are some of the most popular salads and Avocado with Chicken and Mango Salad is no exception.
What are some of the Benefits of Mango?
Putting sweet and savory ingredients in one bowl saves time on the dishes and gives you the sweet and savory taste in one dish. This avocado and mango salad is very filling and very nutritious. As you probably know, avocados are considered one of the world’s most nutritious ingredient. Mangoes also have plenty of health benefits. Mango is an excellent fruit that helps keep your cholesterol in check. It’s great for your skin, it fights cancer, great for the digestive system, and great for your eyesight.
In this dish, the mango and avocado go very well together with chicken and red onion and the tangy flavor of lemon makes every flavor stand out! The chicken in this salad adds a good source of protein and helps build strong bones! As for the health of red onions, this ingredient will boost your immunity and it’s anti-aging.
Avocado with Chicken and Mango Salad
- 1 small chicken breast (cooked)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Place one small chicken breast in a pot with cold water, bring to boil and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes until tender. Take it out, let cool down, then slice into thin strips. Put into a mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice 1/2 red onion and add it to the bowl with chicken.
- Peel 1 avocado and 1 mango, cut into strips and place into the bowl with onion and chicken.
- Chop parsley and dill and add to the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and juice from 1/2 lemon, add 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and mix carefully.