Stuffed mushrooms are the ultimate appetizer. Mushrooms are stuffed with cheese, herbs, onion, and garlic.
These herb stuffed mushrooms make the perfect and healthy start to your holiday party. It’s a very low cholesterol food and packed with protein, vitamin C, zinc, iron, and manganese. Mushrooms are also a great source for vitamin D, which could be hard to get during the winter season. Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin. It is essential for the support of healthy bones, teeth, immune system, brain, and even nervous system. Vitamin C helps cure a common cold which is something everyone needs this winter season! The parsley and onion contain a good amount of vitamin C. Another great health benefit this recipe contains is that can prevent strokes! The olive oil has been proven to be a great source of monounsaturated fat which links to preventing strokes.
Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 small mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese + 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take the stems off the mushrooms and chop them up.
- In a skillet, heat up 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in chopped mushroom stems and 1 minced garlic to the onion. Stirring often, sauté for another minute.
- Mix into the mushrooms the stems of parsley, dill, and 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Stuff mix into mushroom heads.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining (1 Tablespoon) grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.