Looking for a Chicken salad to take to work? Garlic Herb Lemon Chicken Salad can be made ahead of time.
Do you like to cook with chicken breast? Chicken is one of my family’s favorite kind of meat. What is great about chicken is that the recipes for it are endless. Try incorporating more chicken into your diet by adding chicken into a salad like this one. Lemon herb garlic chicken salad makes a great lunch. Also, if you are looking for a lean, low-fat protein, chicken is a great choice!
Benefits of a Garlic Herb Lemon Chicken Salad
Chicken helps build muscles. It contains more amount of protein than it does fat. But the benefits of this salad don’t end there.
Avocado enhances skin health and also nourishes the skin. It also packs in a lot of fiber.
Spinach, this super-green is low in calories but high in nutrients. Along with that, spinach can help prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Garlic Herb Lemon Chicken Salad
- 1 chicken breast boneless & skinless
- 1 stem fresh basil
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 Tablespoon feta cheese crumbled
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 avocado
- Cut 1 boneless & skinless chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 stem chopped fresh basil, 1 stem chopped fresh dill, juice from 1/2 lemon, a pinch of salt, a pinch of ground black pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove. Give it a good whisk and add to the chicken. Marinate chicken for 5 minutes.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Add chicken with marinade into the hot skillet.
- Sauté chicken for 10 minutes (or until cooked all the way).
- Arrange 1/2 cup spinach, 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese, 1 sliced plum tomato, and 1 chopped avocado on a plate.
- Add cooked chicken to the plate and enjoy! (You can enjoy the salad as-is or drizzle with your favorite dressing.)