A salad like this chicken skewer with strawberries and greens. you can make prep ahead of time and enjoy after a long day.
Fourth of July is over and it’s time to get back to work. Recipes like this help you stay on tract of eating healthy, and when you will be hungry you just put together your ready ingredients and you don’t have to reach for junk food.
This make-ahead chicken skewer salad will make you satisfied and filling good because it’s packed with protein, vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. It’s great for kids too! But what’s good in it is that the asparagus is full of potassium, controls the heart rate, and blood pressure too. Another good factor in this salad is the mixed greens. They are ideal for a healthy weight and are high in dietary fiber. The nut topping on this salad – the pecans – come with health benefits such as boosting brain health and preventing breast cancer.
Make Ahead Chicken Skewer Salad
- 1 chicken breast boneless-skinless
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 asparagus stalks
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/4 cup pecans
- In a small bowl combine 1 Tablespoon tomato paste, 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Cut 1 boneless-skinless chicken breast into strips. (As many as you like).
- Mix marinade and chicken strips together. Let stand until ready to cook.
- In a skillet heat up 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. (If you want, you can put the marinated chicken on skewers. If you don't have skewers, that’s fine.) Cook chicken on all sides for 4 minutes. If your strips are thin you may only need 2-3 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, combine 1/2 avocado, 2 chopped asparagus, 5 sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup mixed greens, and chopped pecans. Cover and refrigerate until chicken is ready.
- Add chicken to chopped vegetables and enjoy!