Have you been craving fried rice? This Healthy Fried “Rice” Cauliflower will satisfy your cravings, but not pack on the pounds.Some days, I’m really craving some fried rice and orange chicken. Today’s the day, but somewhat healthier. As I was looking around a bit, figured out that cauliflower is a good substitute for rice and it works very well in this dish! This is not your typical fried rice dish. Substituting the rice for cauliflower makes it pretty much a salad right?;) Although brown rice is a whole grain and white rice does not contain very much nutritional value, cauliflower contains a ton of benefits. Like many vegetables, cauliflower contains a high content of nutrition and vitamins. Many of these vitamins and minerals aid in weight loss, preserve eyesight and helps with digestion. Cauliflower substitutes for many main ingredients in a variety of recipes like mashed potatoes, this fried rice recipe or even macaroni cheese!
Why else to make this recipe?Onions! Carrots! Let’s talk about onions. This special ingredient benefits your immune system and regulates blood pressure levels. Along with that, onions contain antibacterial powers. Why do carrots make the main health benefits list? For the fact that carrots improve your vision and promote healthy and glowing skin! Part of the reason for this is because of the large amount of Vitamin A in carrots.
Healthy Fried Cauliflower "Rice" with Veggies
- 1 head of cauliflower shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 16 oz mixed frozen veggies
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Add riced cauliflower to a medium heated skillet with olive oil.
- Sauté cauliflower for 5 minutes or until cauliflower begins to brown up; stir frequently.
- add in 1/2 cup chopped onion. Sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Add frozen veggies to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in whisked eggs. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot & fresh!
Serving: 3g | Calories: 285.33kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.13g | Protein: 10.08g | Fat: 18.41g | Saturated Fat: 3.27g | Cholesterol: 140.62mg | Sodium: 319.98mg | Potassium: 411.64mg | Fiber: 6.5g | Sugar: 1.28g | Vitamin A: 7881.92IU | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 65.1mg | Iron: 2.18mg