Fresh quinoa salad! (High Protein) Quinoa comes to the rescue when you need a quick dish. Proteins and good fats are what’s in this salad. Perfect dish for your next gets together.
The benefits of a fresh Quinoa salad
Just look at those colors! Crowd pleaser salad right here.
Quinoa is an amazing product! Besides being so delicious, it’s also full of good nutrients for the body and health benefits. Eating quinoa is a great way for vegetarians to get protein. In this quinoa salad recipe, bell peppers and cucumber add a delicious crunchy texture to the salad. The mint leaves make it smell like no other salad. It’s not only delicious, but very pretty and low in calories! The list can go on … but try and see for yourself! This salad can stay fresh up to four days.
Fresh Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 bell peppers preferably different colors, chopped
- 1 hot pepper seeded chopped
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley chopped
- 8-10 mint leaves finely chopped chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- First thing you need to do is cook quinoa. Rinse 1 cup of quinoa, transfer into a medium pot
- Add 2 cups of water, a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid, reduce the heat and cook on medium-low until water is absorbed, (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 more minutes. Then uncover and set aside to cool. (1 cup of raw quinoa makes about 3 cups cooked quinoa)
- Add all the chopped ingredients to quinoa.
- To make a salad dressing, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp of lemon juice, and 1/5 tsp of salt.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix
- You can serve it as a salad with meat dishes or on its own as a yummy healthy lunch.