I want to share with you my all-time favorite fish tacos recipe! A lot of flavors go into these fish tacos consisting of fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned fish. The spicy fish sauce is the best, you have got to include it – it’s creamy and has a kick to it from the hot sauce. It’s definitely the cherry on top! You will be licking your fingers after this delicious meal. This recipe of fish tacos is super easy to make, it’s the best go-to recipe to please your family and guests.
Ingredients for fish tacos:
My family is a fan of halibut, mostly for the softness of the fish and usually, there are no bones involved for the kids. (safety). Also, we just love the taste of halibut, but you are welcome to use any kind of fish you might have on hand or one you like.
Ingredients for easy fish sauce:
The amount of sauce this recipe provides is enough for seven fish tacos, but if you’re a lover of a lot of sauce on your tacos I recommend to double the sauce recipe.
I can make this recipe over and over again, never gets old! It’s just that good and easy!
Halibut Fish Tacos with Easy Spicy Sauce
- 1.5 lbs halibut skinned and cubed
- 32g (1.13oz) fish taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 7 small flour tortillas (corn tortillas work too)
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 romaine heart lettuce shredded
Spicy Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 lime (makes 1 Tbsp lime juice)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha or to taste
- First, prepare the fish sauce: Combine mayo, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, and sriracha in a small bowl. Mix well.
- In a bowl, coat the fish pieces with the olive oil and water.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add in the fish mixture and sear for 5-7 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Remove the fish from heat.
- Chop avocado, tomatoes, and romaine lettuce and layer them in the tortillas. Place the fish on top, fold the taco, and drizzle that fish sauce on top!