A great nutritional salad when you are craving sweet is this no guilt Sweet Fig and Pomegranate Salad with Honey Vinaigrette.
Take advantage of this juicy sweet fruit while it’s in season! Figs are around in late August to September. There are five different kinds of figs, and each one has great nutritional benefits including vitamins A, B1, B2, iron, manganese, potassium and fiber. This juicy salad is great this time of year because you don’t just get the figs, but also pomegranate season, too. Pomegranate is a delicious fruit which improves memory and curbs hunger. Goat cheese is good for you too! Low in fat and high in calcium, this cheese benefits the nervous system.
Figs and Pomegranate Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 5 figs
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop 1 head of romaine lettuce, cut 5 figs into wedges. Take pomegranate out of the shell, and discard the white membrane and sprinkle over the lettuce with figs.
- In a spall shallow dish, whisk together 1 Tablespoon honey, 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice and 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil.