A summer vitamin packed Grilled Eggplants Zucchini with Land Cress Rolls. This is a great pre-meal bite recipe.
What is Land cress?
Ever heard of land cress? I haven’t until a couple of weeks ago. This great green goodness is fat-free, making it great for weight-loss. Also, land cress has no sodium, yay! The best benefit of land cress is all the antioxidants. These great tasting green leaves contain twice the vitamin A that is found in broccoli, and three times found in oranges. Paired with eggplant and zucchini, this recipe is full of potassium (eggplant health benefit) and also a high source of vitamin C and antioxidants (zucchini health benefit).
So start incorporating land cress into your diet, seriously. Here is a quick recipe that is vegan, satisfying and great for parties. It’s still grilling season so these grilled eggplant zucchini land cress rolls are a perfect way to start your land cress intake! (Can you tell I am really excited about this green stuff?)
What do you need to make these rolls?
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
and fresh land cress.
Grilled Eggplant Zucchini Land Cress Rolls
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- a small handful fresh land cress
- Slice 1 eggplant and 1 zucchini into thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Marinade sliced eggplant and zucchini in oil + spices for 5 minutes.
- Fire up the grill and start grilling eggplant and zucchini. Grill both sides until they begin to brown (about 3 minutes each side).
- Roll eggplant into zucchini and insert a toothpick to make each eggplant and zucchini roll stay together.
- Drizzle 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil on each roll.
- Chop a small handful of fresh land cress and sprinkle on top of each roll.