Nothing says spring like flowers! So why not put some in your spinach and beet salad?
This edible flower salad with beet, mango over spinach is a great way to enjoy spring.
Should you really be eating edible flowers?
Flowers don’t just look and smell pretty, some taste pretty good too. But there are only some flowers that are actually edible such as rose, calendula, tulip, chrysanthemum, yucca, and lavender that are edible. Different edible flowers contain different benefits but most of the edible flowers are rich in Vitamin C. One of my favorite kind of edible flowers are the hibiscus flower, which enhances skin and hair health.
And have you heard of rose milk? There is no surprise that it’s getting hipe in cafes. It tastes good but also healthy for you. Ancient Chinese used it to treat digestive problems. They are low in calories and rich in water.
Some flowers such as chamomile and lavender are one of the most you will find in teas. Both of these work on your digestive system, help you get a good night sleep and ease stress.
So go ahead and drizzle a sweet balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy this edible flower with spinach and beet salad! Eating beets heal acne. It also benefits by providing a good source of iron and is anti-cancer. The bright pop of color in mango enhances skin health, as well as brain health. So go right ahead and enjoy edible flower salad.
Edible Flower Salad with Beets and Mango over Spinach
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 small red beet
- 1 mango
- 16 edible flowers any size
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Boil 1 red beet for 30 minutes, or until soft. When cool enough to handle, peel and chop. Combine with a handful of washed spinach leaves and 16 edible flowers.
- Peel and chop 1 mango and add to spinach.
- Add 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese to the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk together 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar; drizzle over salad and enjoy!