A simple and Quick and Easy Zucchini Recipe that comes together with just a few ingredients and a couple of steps.
Although it’s still not quite summer here in Portland, zucchini has started to come into our local grocery stores. This summer vegetable doesn’t need to be cooked into complicated dishes. There are many recipes that require minimal preparation using zucchini while incorporating a lot of flavors! This easy zucchini recipe is perfect just on its own or as a side dish.
How to prepare this zucchini recipe
It’s as simple as it looks. Make sure to wash the vegetable, but do not peel. You don’t want to get rid of the nutritional benefits the peel of the zucchini provides. Slice the zucchini, but make sure not to make the slices too thin, this will leave the zucchini soggy after cooking. You want the slices to be about 1/2inch in size — next, heat ghee in a skillet. I like to use ghee because it’s so much healthier than butter, and I honestly don’t see a difference in the taste of food. However, if you like butter that much, go ahead and use it in this recipe, totally fine. Then sprinkle each slice with the garlic mixture and cook each side of the zucchini. In the end, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with some cilantro!
Easy Zucchini Recipe with Garlic and Cheese
- 1 large zucchini washed, sliced into thick slices
- 1 Tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp parmesan shredded
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add zucchini slices to the skillet.
- Combine garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then sprinkle on each zucchini slice, using only half of the spice mix.
- Let the slices cook for 5 minutes until they start getting golden brown.
- Flip zucchini slices over and season each slice with the rest of the garlic mixture. Let them cook for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on zucchini, flip over, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from skillet.
- Garnish with cilantro (or parsley) before serving.