A classic wedge salad is usually made with blue cheese dressing, but I think the dairy-free ranch dressing makes for a better and more flavorful addition. A wedge salad is something I would only order off the menu at a restaurant, but not no more! You won’t believe how quickly you can make this Easy Wedge Salad with a Dairy-Free Ranch dressing!
Let’s talk about the Blue Cheese
Because it might be bugging you. If so, don’t add it and you can enjoy a completely Dairy-Free Easy Wedge Salad. I am actually lactose intolerance, and only let myself eat some dairy, once in a while. I love cheese what can I say. I sneak it into my diet sometimes, just a little bit. This is why the blue cheese is in the wedge salad, and not as a Blue Cheese dressing. There are a few different kinds of blue cheese and most are naturally molded and refined and used for almost all blue cheeses simply by adding the mold culture to the cheese milk. For the cheese to turn blue, oxygen must reach the inside of the cheese.
The Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
I absolutely love this ranch dressing. It is just made with six ingredients that you most likely already have, and can whip up fast! It tastes like ranch and looks like ranch, just a lot healthier and fewer calories than the store-bought. Find the full recipe here of the Coconut Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing, and if you don’t like coconut milk, that is not a problem simply click here for a different version of Dairy-Free ranch.
What you can add in Wedge Salad
I have seen and tried many different versions of a wedge salad. There is no wrong way to eat a salad. You can put whatever you like on it, you could dress it up and add tomatoes, onion, and parsley on it or keep it clean and just cut up lettuce and drizzle dressing over it. Most wedge salads include bacon, which is totally fine to do. I didn’t, because I don’t eat pork and I didn’t have turkey bacon. I was going to add nuts to give it a crunch, but it just didn’t’ sound right.
Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
- 1 small iceberg lettuce Remove the stem from a head of iceberg lettuce, and then cut into four equal wedges.
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley for garnish
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbled
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- Remove the stem from a head of iceberg lettuce, and then cut into four equal wedges.
- Drizzle Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing.
- Top each wedge with tomato, red onion, scallions, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- Combine ingredients into a small blender and blend together till smooth.