Easy Sautéed Zucchini with Onions (that’s it!). Healthy and simple, it’s the perfect quick summer side dish recipe!
What are the benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is considered one of the best types of squash, it contains a array of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. The folate present in this squash is highly recommended for increased needs in pregnant women, (I know why my pregnant friend was craving so much zucchini!)
Zucchini is a great source of:
- Vitamin C
- Great source of dietary fiber
- Vitamin A
This summer squash also has a high content of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, niacin, and protein.
Zucchini vs. Potato
Back in the day, when I was much younger, my mom made sautéed potatoes with onions. I loved it. Once in a while, I crave it. Today was one of those days, but potatoes have a lot of starch and I try to stay far away from them. So I thought?? why not substitute it with zucchini. Here it is! Healthier, Easy and so Delicious! (Potatoes are forgotten!) In addition, this recipe is also vegan, vegetarian, sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free.
What do you need to make Easy Sautéed Zucchini with Onions
Not much. I love this recipe, not just the taste, but just how easy this dish is made. All you need to buy for this easy sautéed zucchini is zucchini and a small yellow onion. The rest of the ingredients are olive oil, salt, and ghee (or unsalted butter); which most of us already have on hand.
Easy Sautéed Zucchini with Onions Recipe
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 Tbsp ghee (or unsalted butter)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- In a pan on medium heat melt ghee and add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add zucchini slices and sauté, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as zucchini starts to brown, add in the chopped onion.
- Cover lid, but occasionally stir until onion is soft.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional).