This is an easy and juicy Balsamic Tomato Salad filled with vitamins and health benefits! Tomatoes could be used in a variety of recipes, but sometimes just a simple tomato salad like this one can give you the benefits of tomatoes quickly!
Benefits of tomatoes
95% of tomatoes is water, and the other 5% consists of manly carbohydrates and fiber.
Some benefits of this juicy fruit include:
- vitamin C boosts the immune system
- potassium helps lower blood pressure
- vitamin K supports healthy bones
- Folic acid promotes healthy hair, nails, and skin
Fresh tomatoes are also low in carbs, making it a great ingredient to add to almost any diet, especially if you are looking to lose or maintain your weight.
How to make balsamic tomato salad
This tomato salad is one of the easiest recipes that can be done in just a couple of minutes. You can choose to substitute dill for any other herb(s) of your choice. I like to use white balsamic vinegar in simple recipes like this one rather than dark balsamic vinegar; I find that it gives a lighter taste to the salad.
Easy Balsamic Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 lb grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt +more to taste if needed
- 1/4 tsp fresh dill chopped
- Combine together all ingredients, and enjoy!
- Salt and pepper to taste.