Cream Of Wheat may not big a salad, but it really is a filling bowl of nutrition and makes a great start to your day.
You can’t fool around with breakfast, you just can’t! It’s the most important meal of the day. Cream of wheat is not a trendy breakfast choice, but it has some great health benefits. Just some benefits of cream of wheat include Rich in iron, low calories, carbohydrates- fueling your tissues and brain, it also is a good source of fiber and has some amount of protein. And you won’t get wrong with fruit and nuts: fruit is packed with potassium and fiber and nuts contain fats that are good for you.
Growing up, cream of wheat was on our breakfast table a lot!
(It is so much better than cereal with milk). My mom always cooked it with milk and a pinch of sugar and that is how I continued to cook for my kids. But by adding fruit and nuts, it makes it so much more beneficial.
Substitute fruits to your liking.
Cream of Wheat with Fruits and Nuts
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 Tablespoons cream of wheat uncooked
- 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 1/2 mango
- 1 Tablespoon blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon almonds sliced
- fresh mint
- Over medium-low heat warm up 2 cups of milk. Stir constantly so milk does not run.
- Add 2 Tablespoons uncooked cream of wheat and 1 teaspoon sugar. Continue stirring until it starts to thicken; 5 minutes. Take off heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Slice 1/2 mango and add to cooked cream of wheat along with 1 Tablespoon blueberries, 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds, and 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds. Add fresh mint and enjoy!