Enjoy this amazing appetizer of Cream Cheese Filled Bell Peppers!
We had these yummy bell pepper bites at our Christmas dinner and I just had to share the recipe! I love bell peppers with a filling. The filling has a more rich flavor when the bell peppers are baked. This colorful appetizer is very simple and takes about 30 minutes.
Bell peppers and your immune system
Eat more bell peppers because they boost the immune system. The immune boost mainly comes from the large amount of Vitamin C, but there is the most vitamin C in the red peppers. Lack of vitamin C in the body is called vitamin C deficiency and contain symptoms that include fatigue, muscle weakness, bleeding gums, and joint and muscle aches. A severe deficiency could lead to a rare disease, scurvy. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) men are recommended 90mg of vitamin C per day, as for women, 75mg per day. One serving of this recipe already provides you with 127% of your daily recommended value for vitamin C! Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Filled Bell Peppers
- 14 mini bell peppers sliced in half
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce (sriracha)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 slices of turkey bacon rendered and chopped
- green onion chopped + 1 for garnish
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together hot sauce, sour cream, minced garlic cloves, chopped turkey bacon, and green onion with cream cheese.
- Fill in the cream cheese mix into the bell peppers through the inside and smooth flat on top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each half.
- Bake for 20 minutes. After cooled, enjoy this yummy appetizer!