This Clean-Eating Veggie Salad Bowl is an amazingly filling and very nutritious meal!
A few colorful ingredients can go a long way. But first, how was your weekend? Mine was spent mostly at home, trying to help my husband feel better. He will be a keynote speaker in San Diego for a group of Instagrammers this weekend, and he needs to be well. So we went through a lot of lemon, tea and honey the past two days, and many hours on the couch; which seems to have payed off. His company is launching a kickstarter project Hipture, where you can order your Instagram pictures to be printed and framed. Great quality I must say, and really quick service.
So back to this colorful plate of veggie. . .I have been thinking about this salad for quite some time now, and never got around to posting it. So here it is! Clean eating veggie salad bowl. I love the colors and the simplicity of this recipe, and that it’s loaded with vitamins and nutrition. If you enjoy bell peppers, you’ll be glad to know they are immune system boosting and also promote healthy and shiny skin and hair.And for the red onion, it regulates sugar levels which in result can reduce your risk of developing type-2 diabetes. Don’t forget about cucumbers. They flush out toxins out of the body and hydrate.Yum!
Clean Eating Veggie Salad Bowl
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 large carrot
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Thinly slice 1/2 of yellow, green, orange, and red bell pepper.
- Slice 1/2 a cucumber and 1/2 red onion.
- Slice in halves 10 cherry tomatoes.
- Chop 1 stem fresh dill and grate 1 large carrot.
- When ready to serve, mix vegetables with 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste), and a pinch of ground black pepper.