Love hummus? It’s so easy to make your own! Here is a hummus recipe that is super easy to blend up.
Yes, I finally made hummus, all by myself! I’m feeling accomplished. 🙂 I love hummus, but usually buy it at a local company here in Portland. I wanted to make it myself for snacks and whenever I am craving it. Yay! I love the simple and healthy ingredients that go into this hummus recipe. Also, if you haven’t already checked my previous post, Butternut Squash Fries, you should, those fries are great with this hummus.
Best blender for hummus
Looking for the best blender for hummus can be a challenge if you never owned a blender. Some use a Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Low-Profile Container, Black (Renewed)” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>blender where they make smoothies and shakes and utilize this equipment for all your food instead of buying a lot of different small appliances.
Now, for those who aren’t already aware, hummus is a Middle Eastern dip made of garbanzos. Yum! It is very healthy, offering significant nutritional value. It is also delicious, and best of all, easy to make!
Homemade hummus ingredients:
Most ingredients can be found in your pantry.
You will need:
- Chickpeas: I recommend a good can of organic chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans). You will need to drain and rinse and add to the blender to make hummus.
- Garlic: This recipe calls for two cloves, but feel free to use more or less depending on your garlicky taste buds.
- Lemon juice: Squeezed freshly from a lemon.
- Salt: I use sea salt.
- Tahini: This is an important ingredient in making a good hummus deep so pick wisely.
- Olive oil: Makes a great addition of flavors in hummus and a beautiful presentation when you drizzle some on top when serving.
- Warm water: This makes the hummus the right texture. If too think and not smooth, just add in some more water.
Easy Classic Hummus Recipe
- 15 oz can organic chickpeas drain and rinse
- 2 cloves garlic 1 if you don't like a lot of garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- In a blender add all of the ingredients.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- (optional) Drizzle a dash of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and cilantro on top for extra flavor.