You can create a chickpea salad packed with a protein punch without adding meat!
This chickpea salad with feta cheese and avocado will keep you full for hours. It satisfies anyone who is craving salt, sweet, cheesy or juicy. I love chickpeas, and this beautiful chickpea salad combines all of my favorite fresh vegetables in one delicious bite.
What is the difference between garbanzo beans or chickpeas salad?
Chickpea Salad with Feta Cheese and Tomatoes
- 12 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 English cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 7 oz feta cheese crumbled or chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh or dried chives chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients together.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients. After you mix the salad with the dressing, add salt to taste.
- Garnish with chives (optional).