When life is all about hustling, and you still want to eat healthy, try this Balsamic Sweet Dijon Chicken Cherry Salad. You can make the chicken ahead of time so you can take it on the go.
Hopefully, everyone had a great weekend! Here in the Northwest, it was a hot weekend. I got to attend a food bloggers conference and met some great bloggers and, of course, tasted some delicious food! What did you do?
It’s the first day of June, which means there is only two weeks left of school, more summer days to come, and delicious red fruit is in season. You must have seen these sweet, juicy red fruit in your supermarket! Sadly cherries are just seasonal, so enjoy them while they last.
What are the benefits of cherries?
Cherries are packed with antioxidants; they help reduce muscle pain and keep your heart healthy. This superfood can also help you sleep well. You can enjoy them just as they are, which makes a great snack, but you can also dress them up in quick chicken and cherry salad like this one. But cherries are not the only ingredient with delicious benefits. Olive oil is good for gallbladder health. It increases the production of pancreatic juices and the risk of gallstones decreases. Don’t forget the greens that make this salad a recipe: spinach. Spinach promotes healthy, glowing skin. It is low in calories but very high in nutrients and helps the brain and nervous system function.
Ingredients for Balsamic Sweet Dijon Chicken Salad
You can definitely prepare the chicken ahead of time and add the fruit and greens when you are ready to serve. Longer the chicken has marinaded the more flavor it will be. There are just four main ingredients for marinading chicken for this salad:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
Chicken Cherry Salad
- 1 skinless- boneless chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup cherries pitted
- 1 Tablespoon feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon pecans chopped
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to chicken.
- Whisk 3 Tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard. Add chicken and marinade for 10 minutes.
- Sear chicken both sides until cooked through; 10 minutes.
- On a plate arrange 1/2 cup spinach, 1 cup pitted and sliced cherries, 1 Tablespoon feta cheese, 1/2 sliced avocado, and 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans.
- Slice and add chicken to the salad ingredients.