This cauliflower rice with mushrooms satisfied my cravings in a healthy way. It has all the tastes of fried rice without the guilt of extra calories.
This cauliflower rice with mushrooms satisfied my cravings in a healthy way. It has all the tastes of fried rice without the guilt of extra calories. Now is also perfect timing for this mushroom dish! Why? Because it’s mushroom picking season! Mushrooms are well known for their benefits of vitamin D, but they are also a great substitute for protein. The mushrooms I use for this recipe are Chantelle mushrooms which contain B vitamins that include riboflavin, niacin, thiamine, and minerals which include potassium, copper, and selenium. You could easily substitute your favorite mushrooms into this salad. Enjoy!
Easy Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 14 oz cauliflower rice
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 pound Chantelle mushrooms (chopped)
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Stir-fry until cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Stir-fry chopped mushrooms with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes, or till mushrooms start to get soft.
- Into the mushrooms add 1 small chopped onion, stir until onions are clear and soft.
- Add 14oz frozen mixed vegetables to the cauliflower, stir well until soft.
- Add mushrooms to cauliflower, stir together ingredients until soft. Add salt to taste and enjoy!