Enjoy the benefits of cabbage in a delicious Cabbage salad filled with chia seeds, tomatoes, avocado, chicken and cilantro. Drizzle with a dairy-free ranch dressing.
Cabbage benefits for you
I have been learning a lot about cabbage. It might be a strange thing to learn about, but the more I read about it, the more I crave it. It really is a great detox. You might be surprised to learn that cabbage has more vitamin C than an orange.
Cabbage is a great home remedy for headaches, obesity, skin disorders, constipation, aging, Alzheimer’s disease, and eczema. This salad not only has the health benefits from the cabbage, but also the health powers from all the other ingredients that go into it, like the chia seeds and avocado, which are both great for your skin and keeping your hormones in balance. To top it all off, mix it with a dairy-free ranch dressing.
Cabbage Salad with Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cabbage shredded
- 1 stem kale chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Dill chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Chives chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp Almond milk
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set aside. (Dairy-Free Ranch can stand in refrigerator up to 4 days sealed).
- In a skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil. Chop 1 pound chicken breast into bite size pieces, add to the skillet with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until chicken is no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- To a bowl, add cabbage, kale, avocado, tomato, parsley, chia seeds, and chicken pieces.
- Mix salad with ranch dressing when ready to serve. Add salt to taste.