This cabbage salad is great to get back on track to healthy living after a holiday, or just a high-calorie weekend.
It’s a cold salad that makes a great addition to any kind of protein. And you can make it way ahead of time.
Cleanse salad I like this salad mostly because you can make it ahead of time and it has the sweet and tangy taste. Full of nutrition and made from just a few everyday ingredients. Eating cabbage strengthens the immune system, due to its high vitamin C content. Bell peppers promote
Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1/2 of three different colored bell pepper: green (red, and yellow)
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 cup water boiled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Grate 1/2 cabbage.
- Chop or slice thinly 1/2 of each colored bell pepper. You could also use the same color if that is all you have on hand.
- Grate 1 large carrot (or 2 small carrots).
- Dressing: Boil 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. After sugar dissolves in the hot water whisk in 1 Tablespoon salt, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup light olive oil
andminced 3 garlic cloves.
- Combine vegetables and dressing together well.