These Chicken Butter Lettuce Wraps are your solution for an easy chicken dinner that packs a punch of flavor.
Finally! It’s over! I can breathe again. December was B-U-S-Y! With the anniversary, birthdays, Christmas, family gatherings, office parties, New Years celebration and a lot of packing and unpacking behind, I can now go back to creating salads. I was happy to learn from all the holiday events and cooking, I didn’t gain a pound! Most of us will make a new year resolution that involves our weight or health, which it’s always easy to keep. If you made a new years resolution, read in my recent post here how to achieve it.
This next recipe was an inspiration from a trip my husband and I took recently to Hawaii. Butterhead lettuce is a great choice for sandwiches and wraps. It is available at a low cost all year round. The dark green leaves provide more beta carotene and vitamin C than paler leaves. Combining it with protein like chicken is always a great idea. Sesame seeds will provide you with heart health and hormone balance.
Butterhead Lettuce Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- 1/2 yellow onion ground or chopped thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Ground up 1 pound chicken and 1/2 yellow onion, if you haven't already. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium size skillet, on medium temperature.
- Add in chicken, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until chicken is no longer pink (5 minutes).
- Add in 3 tablespoons tamari sauce and 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Give it a good stir and turn off the heat.
- Take butterhead lettuce apart and fill in each lettuce slice with chicken.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy!